Disability Support Worker (DSW)
$35.71 to $0 Per Hour
Competitive Payrates and Weekly Payroll
About Greenstaff HomeCare:
At Greenstaff HomeCare, we are committed to providing personalised in-home support and care to individuals across the greater Melbourne region. As a part of the esteemed Greenstaff Medical Nursing Agency, a leading healthcare provider in Australia, we specialise in delivering a comprehensive range of disability services tailored to our clients' unique needs and preferences.
We are searching for a dedicated and committed Support Workers who can support our female client with a Spinal Cord Injury (quadraplegic) with her morning regime to assist with getting ready for work. Our client has physical limitations including major muscle weaknesses and compromised sensations. Assistance with managing continence and catheter bag as well experience with manual handling and hoisting is required.
You must enjoy being around cats.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Personal Care
- Dressing & Grooming
- Ceiling Hoists and Transfers
- Bowel Management
- Catheter Management
- Meal Preparation Assistance
- Errands/OutingsCommunity Access
Qualifications and Requirements:
To succeed in this role, you will be required to hold the following Credentials, Trainings & Certificates:
- Certification III in Disability or equivalent
- Victorian Drivers Licence with reliable car & comprehensive insurance
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- On-line NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety & You’
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- National Police Check
- The right to work in Australia
- 3xCovid and Annual Influenza vaccines
- Current First Aid Practical Training Certificate & CPR
Our ideal candidate will have & can provide:
- MINIMUM 2 YEARS of related working experience
- Ability to provide manual handling care 1:1
- Proficiency in understanding and implementing support plans
- Person-centered care and support
- Be empathetic, caring, and respectful demeanor
- Honesty and strong moral values
- Provided Complex Care for a client with a neurogenic bladder and bowel
- Monday to Friday- 6:30am till 8:30am
- Saturday & Sunday- 7am till 9am
- Additional shifts maybe offered in neighboring suburbs.
Why Choose Greenstaff HomeCare?
We offer a diverse, supportive and collaborative work environment, going above and beyond the industry standard to provide:
- Competitive pay above Award classification
- Weekly payroll for your convenience
- Utilization of a dynamic Mobile App
- On-the-job advice, support, and mentoring
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and register your information and wait for our recruitment team to contact you.
- Call us on 03 9021 0130 for a friendly chat with one of our recruitment or care coordinator team members.
Upon successful interview completion, we will request two working references. We are dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion within our team.
Are you ready to make a difference and provide the right care, the right way? Join us at Greenstaff HomeCare today!