Disability Support Worker (DSW)
$35.71 to $0 Per Hour
Competitive Payrates and Weekly Payroll
About Greenstaff HomeCare:
At Greenstaff HomeCare, we are committed to providing personalised in-home support and care to individuals across the greater Melbourne region. As a part of the esteemed Greenstaff Medical Nursing Agency, a leading healthcare provider in Australia, we specialise in delivering a comprehensive range of disability services tailored to our clients' unique needs and preferences.
About the Client and Support required: Are you an experienced Support Worker with a background of providing manual handling and hoisting care?. This role is to support our male client in his 50’s who has a spinal cord injury who needs assistance with his morning routine. The role will require support with hoisting, personal care, some meal preparation, light housekeeping & occasional community access. Our client resides in the Western Melbourne suburb of King Park. We are looking for support workers on a long-term casual basis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Continence Care
- Personal Care
- Dressing for the day
- Meal Preparation
- Providing emotional support and companionship
- Ensuring clients' well-being and safety
- Building strong rapport and meaningful connections with your client
Qualifications and Requirements:
To succeed in this role, you will be required to hold the following Credentials, Trainings & Certificates:
- Certification III in Disability or equivalent
- Victorian Drivers Licence with reliable car & comprehensive insurance
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- On-line NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety & You’
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- National Police Check
- The right to work in Australia
- 3xCovid and Annual Influenza vaccines
- Current First Aid Practical Training Certificate & CPR
Our ideal candidate will have & can provide:
- MINIMUM 2 YEARS of related working experience
- Ability to provide care 1:1
- Proficiency in understanding and implementing support plans
- Person-centered care and support
- Be empathetic, caring, and respectful demeanor
- Effective communication skills
- Be Self Motivated
- Sense of Humor and Positivity
- Be Reliable and Accessible
- Honesty and strong moral values
Morning Shifts Weekday and Weekends
Why Choose Greenstaff HomeCare?
We offer a diverse, supportive and collaborative work environment, going above and beyond the industry standard to provide:
- Competitive pay above Award classification
- Weekly payroll for your convenience
- Utilization of a dynamic Mobile App
- On-the-job advice, support, and mentoring
- Opportunities for growth and career development
Click on the "Apply Now" button and register your information and wait for our recruitment team to contact you.
Call us on 03 9021 0130 for a friendly chat with one of our recruitment or care coordinator team members.
Upon successful interview completion, we will request two working references. We are dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion within our team.
Are you ready to make a difference and provide the right care, the right way? Join us at Greenstaff HomeCare today!