Disability Support Worker (DSW)
£35.71 to £78.57 Per Hour
Our lovely client who is aged in her 60’s with ASD and psychosocial disability is seeking a female disability support worker preferably aged mid-40s and older who can provide exceptional patience and non-judgmental attitude. Do you have the ability to excel at offering encouragement, motivation and unwavering support in daily living activities and community access. Our candidate must be comfortable with dogs and happy for our client’s dog to travel and accompany out on the community access trips. Which can include trips out to lunch, local café, nail & hair salon, garden and parks, homeware shops – a genuine interest in design, homeware, gardening is a bonus . Our client loves to engage and chat, and we are seeking someone who has the ability and enthusiasm to engage and build a rapport. Having insight and working experience with caring for clients with Autism and ADHD is highly desirable.
Key responsibilities include:
- Community Access & Activities of Daily Living
- Providing emotional support and companionship
- Ensuring clients well-being and safety
- Encouraging and motivation
- Building strong rapport and meaningful connections with your client
Weekday 6-hour shift (day of the week may be flexible). Role required to commence mid November.
Additional shifts maybe offered in neighbouring suburbs if interested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To succeed in this role, you will be required to hold the following Credentials, Trainings & Certificates:
- Certification III in Disability or equivalent
- Registered and comprehensively insured vehicle
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- On-line NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety & You’
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- National Police Check
- The right to work in Australia
- 3xCovid and Annual Influenza vaccines
- Current First Aid
- Practical Training Certificate & CPR
Our ideal candidate will have & can provide:
- MINIMUM 2 YEARS of related working experience
- Ability to provide care 1:1 in the community
- Proficiency in understanding and implementing support plans
- Person-centered care and support
- Be empathetic, caring, and respectful demeanor
- Honesty and strong moral values
- Be reliable and accessible
- Sense of humor and positivity
- Be self-motivated
- Effective communication skills
Why Choose Greenstaff HomeCare?
We offer a diverse, supportive and collaborative work environment, going above and beyond the industry standard to provide:
- Competitive pay above Award classification
- Weekly payroll for your convenience
- Utilization of a dynamic Mobile App
- On-the-job advice, support, and mentoring
- Opportunities for growth and career development
Click on the "Apply Now" button and register your information and wait for our recruitment team to contact you.
Call us on 03 9021 0130 for a friendly chat with one of our recruitment or care coordinator team members.
Upon successful interview completion, we will request two working references. We are dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion within our team.
Are you ready to make a difference and provide the right care, the right way? Join us at Greenstaff HomeCare today!