Disability Support Worker (DSW)
$41.53 to $0 Per Hour
Great pay rates, dedicated consultant, reoccurring shifts, on the job support
About our Client and Support Required: Our client, a young lady aged in her 20’s with Autism, Intellectual and Psychosocial disabilities is seeking reliable and committed disability support workers to support her in her daily living and community access. She loves being in the outdoors for daily walks, gardening, visiting local café’s & enjoys time at the swimming pool. She has recently moved into her SIL home and currently has high complex behavior’s (SIB) and is being supported on all shifts as a 2:1 ratio.
Our person centred positive behavior support will be to always ensure our client is at the centre of her care, being included and involved in her daily support and planning. Staff are required to have similar working or lived experience and ability to understand and follow a Behavior Support Plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Accompanying client to shops and community activities
- Enjoy daily exercise of walking
- Engage & instigate cheerful conversations
- Accompany to local café
- Assist with weekly grocery shopping
- Meal preparation
- Medication prompting
- Domestic assistance with light house cleaning
- Providing emotional support and companionship
- Ensuring clients' well-being and safety
- Encouraging and enabling independence
- Building strong rapport and meaningful connections with your client
Qualifications and Requirements:
To succeed in this role, you will be required to hold the following Credentials, Trainings & Certificates:
- Certification IV in Disability and experience with complex behavior clients
- Victorian Drivers Licence with reliable car & comprehensive insurance
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- On-line NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety & You’
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- National Police Check
- The right to work in Australia
- 3xCovid and Annual Influenza vaccines
- Current First Aid Practical Training Certificate & CPR
Our ideal candidate will have & can provide:
- MINIMUM 2 YEARS of related working experience
- Ability to provide care 2:1
- Proficiency in understanding and implementing support plans
- Person-centered care and support
- Be empathetic, caring, and respectful demeanor
- Honesty and strong moral values
- Be reliable and accessible
- Sense of joy and positivity
- Be self-motivated
- Effective communication skills
Working Hours: Three shift times are available 7am to 3pm, 3 to 10pm, 10pm to 7am (Active Sleepovers)
Why Choose Greenstaff HomeCare?
We offer a diverse, supportive and collaborative work environment, going above and beyond the industry standard to provide:
- Competitive pay
- Ethical response training
- Weekly payroll for your convenience
- Utilization of a dynamic Mobile App
- On-the-job advice, support, and mentoring
- Opportunities for growth and career development
Click on the "Apply Now" button and register your information and wait for our recruitment team to contact you.
Call us on 03 9021 0130 for a friendly chat with one of our recruitment or care coordinator team members.
Upon successful interview completion, we will request two working references. We are dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion within our team.
Are you ready to make a difference and provide the right care, the right way? Join us at Greenstaff HomeCare today!