Disability Support Worker (DSW)
$35.71 to $78.57 Per Annum
About our Client and Support Required:-
Our client, a gentleman in his 60’s with Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy & great sense of humor is seeking a male support worker to provide companionship and conversation several times a week to share common interests in sports, horse racing, comedy, quiz shows, word games, current affairs and music. Out client is living in residential care and his shifts will commence with meeting within the communal meeting spaces, garden and café. Community Access shifts maybe considered at a later stage. No personal care is required. He use a manual wheelchair independently and may require some assistance at times but strives to be as independent as possible.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage & instigate cheerful conversations
- Cognitive stimulation
- Manual wheelchair assistance at times
- Manual handling awareness
- Providing emotional support to allow time for self expression
- Encouraging and enabling independence
- Building strong rapport and meaningful connections with your client
Days & times of the week flexible and preferring 2 x shifts per week.
Additional shifts also maybe offered in neighboring suburbs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To succeed in this role, you will be required to hold the following Credentials,
Trainings & Certificates:
- Certification III in Disability or equivalent
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- On-line NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety & You’
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- National Police Check
- The right to work in Australia
- 3xCovid and Annual Influenza vaccines
- Current First Aid Practical Training Certificate & CPR
Our ideal candidate will have & can provide:
- MINIMUM 2 YEARS of related working experience
- Ability to provide care 1:1 in the community
- Proficiency in understanding and implementing support plans
- Person-centered care and support
- Be empathetic, caring and respectful demeanor
- Honesty and strong moral values
- Be reliable and accessible
- Sense of humor and positivity
- Be self-motivated
- Effective communication skills
Why Choose Greenstaff HomeCare?
We offer a diverse, supportive and collaborative work environment, going above and beyond the industry standard to provide:
- Competitive pay above Award classification
- Weekly payroll for your convenience
- Utilization of a dynamic Mobile App
- On-the-job advice, support, and mentoring
- Opportunities for growth and career development
Click on the "Apply Now" button and register your information and wait for our recruitment team to contact you.
Call us on 03 9021 0130 for a friendly chat with one of our recruitment or care coordinator team members.
Upon successful interview completion, we will request two working references. We are dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion within our team.
Are you ready to make a difference and provide the right care, the right way? Join us at Greenstaff HomeCare today
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $35.71 per hour
Disability Support Worker: 2 years (Preferred)
Working with Children Check (Required)
NDIS Worker Screening Check (Required)
Work Location: In person